Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dubrovnik

I venture down to the port first in the morning, since it is near my place.  Lots of sailboats and a couple of cruise ships.  Everything was fairly quiet, not much going on.  I walked across town to the old city.  This is where they film some of Games of Thrones for you junkies. The old city is beautiful, just too many tourists.  It's easy enough to get away from them, if you venture off onto some of the side streets.  I visited many of the city landmarks. I went to one of the tourist trap spots in the old city called Arka.  They had a vegetarian platter that looked good, so I went.  It was fine, but not outstanding or anything.   There are tons of places, they all look very similar.  I wanted to walk the city walls, but it was just too crowded and you can only go one way.  I may try to do it tomorrow as well as the cable car ride.  The weather is supposed to be raining, so less tourists.  Walked back and did some grocery shopping.  It was a hot day and I got a little burned, so I took a siesta.  I woke up to climb the hill out back to snap some sunsets shots.  This was definitely the highlight of my day.  You can really admire the beauty of this place the higher up you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment