Monday, April 4, 2011

Safari Day 21-23 - Zanzibar - The Spice Islands

Got to get away from the group for a bit.  Ended up at the Matemwe Beach Village on the north east side of the island.  I mostly picked this place so I can do some diving.  The accommodations were excellent.  Also, the food was really good.  The staff were very kind and went out of their way to make sure I had a great stay.  A bit on the pricey side, but well worth it in my opinion.

Zanzibar itself is very beautiful.  The turquoise waters are very inviting.  The diving was excellent and I would recommend using One Ocean.  They are located at the Matemwe Beach Village which makes it real easy if you are staying there.  I ended up doing two dives at the Mnemba Atoll.  They were called the Aquarium and small wall.  Best part was being able to swim with a pod of around 50 dolphins.  Amazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment