Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Last day/night in Krakow

Did lots today.  Started off with breakfast at a local place called Kuchnia u Doroty, just around the corner from Antek's.  After breakfast had a great walk through the city.  Made it to two museums.  First up was the Dwurnik exhibit at the National Museum.  Dwurnik is one of the more famous contemporary artists in Poland.  The exhibit contained a large number of pieces spanning the artists life.  Each period represented the  social/political climate of Poland for that particular time.  The artist reflected what was happening in Poland with the various people movements and subsequent government reactions.  After the exhibit, I had lunch at Vega, my favorite place.  I guess this is the Krakow version, the food was similar, but different.  Nonetheless, it was excellent as usual. I had some salads and the stuffed cabbage drenched in tomato sauce.  Next up, I finally made it to the Human Body exhibit.  I have seen them all over the world and for some reason could never make it to one.  Very interesting to see the human body in such a manner.  A real learning experience.  One the was back, I strolled down the river Vistula, very quiet and pleasant.  It was good to feel like I was out of the city.  I found a boat/bar on the way back called Augustian.  Great place with lovely views.  Great way to end the day.  Went out to dinner at Roti Roti for a last night celebration.  The dinner here was excellent.  It was a fairly new establishment, but an excellent take on Indian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment