Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On my way

Left Bhimtal for Haldwani.  The train did not work out.  I was 6th on the waiting list and did not make the final chart.  Opted for the bus instead.  7 hours later I made it to Delhi.  Arrived in a Bus depot and could not get a hold of any of the Manali bus operators.  Took an hour to connect with someone and find an address.  First auto rickshaw guy wanted 350rupees.  Here we go rip off the white guy time.  Walked across the lot, went to the next guy and he said 150, sold.  This crap reminds me of Africa, always having to haggle with the drivers.  Lame.  The auto rickshaw drive through Delhi is even crazier than Bangkok.  I think I am going to lose a lung or two.  Made it to the bus on time, off to Manali, should be there in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment